If you are a foodie and looking for a delicious yet easy-to-make Cava Chicken Recipe, then this is the right place for you. In this article, we will learn a step-by-step guide to prepare Cava Chicken. This article will satisfy your craving for delicious food.
Cava Chicken is a delightful and delicious chicken dish made with Spanish Cava wine infused into its sauce. Cava is a Spanish sparkling wine similar to Champagne and produced exclusively in Catalonia, Spain.
Cava chicken dishes typically involve boneless and skinless chicken breasts roasted until golden brown and then marinated in a rich marinade of Spanish cava wine, chicken broth, heavy cream, garlic, onion, bell pepper, lemon juice, and paprika. Peppers, dried thyme, and roasted chicken are cooked until cooked through in this delicious sauce.
Cava chicken is often served with side dishes such as rice, mashed potatoes, or a fresh salad. So let’s explore the magic of Cava Chicken in our kitchen.
Table of Contents
Origin of Cava Chicken
Cava chicken is a delicious dish that comes from the Mediterranean region specifically Catalonia, Spain. This delicious blend combines with Spanish cava, sparkling wine, and juicy chicken to create a gastronomic masterpiece.
Read More – Marry Me Chicken Recipe
Delicious Marinades: A Symphony of Flavors
An important aspect of the Cava Chicken recipe is its marinade, which is a harmonious symphony of flavors. Fresh herbs like peppers and dried thyme provide earthy color and flavor, while garlic and onion add complexity.
The tartness of the lemon adds a bright contrast, which balances the overall profile perfectly and the blend of all these spices adds to the Mediterranean charm of the dish.
Ingredients for Cava Chicken Recipe
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 red capsicum, chopped
- 1 yellow capsicum, chopped
For the Cava Sauce:
- 1 cup Spanish cava wine
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup thick cream
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 teaspoon red capsicum
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley
How to make Cava Chicken Recipe
- Make marinade by combining olive oil, lemon juice, minced garlic, oregano, thyme, paprika, cumin, salt, and pepper in a large bowl.
- Add the chicken pieces to the marinade and coat well.
- To marinate, pack the bowl in plastic wrap and place in the refrigerator for about an hour.
- Preheat the grill.
- Remove the chicken from the marinade and grill the breasts on both sides (about 5-6 minutes per side).
- Cook the chicken to a safe internal temperature of 165°F (74°C) to ensure it’s fully cooked.
- When it is cooked, remove the chicken from the grill and keep it aside for a few minutes.
Now serve the chicken pieces by sprinkling lemon juice on them and enjoy this homemade Cava Chicken Recipe.
What to Serve with Cava Chicken?
Cooked bulgur wheat, couscous, brown rice, or Mediterranean rice can be used with this recipe for cava chicken. These grains will give the food more substance and texture.
Chicken pairs wonderfully with crisp, nutritious salads. Think about a Greek salad with red onions, cucumbers, tomatoes, and olives dressed in a lemon vinaigrette.
Stir-fry a variety of Mediterranean vegetables, such as cherry tomatoes, bell peppers, eggplant, and zucchini. These vegetables give the dish depth and substance while still being delicious.
To make a straightforward Cucumber salad, combine chopped cucumbers, red onion, and a mild vinaigrette for a flavorful, light dressing.
Cooking Tips for Cava Chicken Recipe
- Selection of Cava: Select a dry or semi-dry variety of Cava for the recipe. Do not use sweetened cava as it may make the sauce too sweet.
- Chicken Parts: You can use bone-in and chicken thighs for added flavor and moisture.
- Alternative Wine: If you don’t have Cava, you can use a dry sparkling white wine or a dry white wine like Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
- Calories: 300-350 calories (from chicken and olive oil)
- Protein: 25-30 grams (from chicken)
- Carbohydrates: minimal, from spices and lemon juice
- Fiber: Negligible
- Fat: 20-25 grams (from chicken and olive oil)
- Saturated fat: 3-4 grams (from olive oil)
- Monounsaturated fat: 12-15 grams (from olive oil)
- Polyunsaturated fat: 2-3 grams (from olive oil)
- Cholesterol: 70-90 mg (from chicken)
- Sodium: Varies depending on the amount of salt used; approximately 300-400 mg
- Potassium: Varies depending on ingredients used; approximately 300-400 mg
- Vitamins and Minerals: Chicken and olive oil contain minerals like Vitamin B, Vitamin E, Zinc, and Selenium.
If I don’t have Spanish Cava can I use a different type of wine?
While Spanish cava is ideal for this recipe, you can replace it with dry sparkling wine or Champagne.
What side dishes go well with Kava Chicken?
Cava Chicken goes great with rice, mashed potatoes, or a fresh salad.
Is this recipe suitable for vegetarians?
No, because it involves chicken, this recipe is not suited for vegans.
Can I make a non-alcoholic version of Kava Chicken?
Yes, you can replace the cava wine with non-alcoholic sparkling grape juice for a family-friendly version.
How can I make the sauce spicier?
If you prefer a spicier sauce, add a pinch of red chili flakes or cayenne while preparing the sauce.
We hope you enjoyed the Cava Chicken Recipe. It is a pleasure to eat this tender and full-of-perfection dish every time. Rich in protein and other essential nutrients, this dish is suitable for any situation. Take advantage of this lovely and delicious Cava Chicken Recipe to elevate your dining experience. This delicious combination of ingredients will transport your taste senses to the shores of the Mediterranean. In just minutes, enjoy delicious flavors.